Friday, February 19, 2010

Wow. Here's my first posting, my first entry into the great blogosphere. Those of you who have seen the skill with which I manage my cell phone -- my signature move is accidentally turning it off at the very moment I am frantically pulling it out of my purse to answer it -- are probably just as dumbstruck at seeing my words here as I am writing them.



For those of you who have asked me for book recommendations, and for the masses who have suffered my unsolicited recommendations, this is for you! But honestly, it's mostly for me -- an outlet for my ever-growing obsession with words, language and story. Plus, it's a great way for me to catalogue what I've read.



Ironcially, I am not a visual learner (or visual Lerner). This makes for very slow reading, so I usually listen to the audio version of a book if it is available. I'll make note of any special features of an audiobook, like when the author reads his or her own work.

Til tomorrow's review of Shalom Auslander's Foreskins' Lament

Susan