Friday, July 2, 2010

Crazy Israel Propaganda


No book review today. While I work on my review of "Power in the Blood," (and watch for it -- I'm trying something new there, too, and including the author's answer to a question I sent her), I thought I would try something new and offer up my newest find as I stumble through, once again attempting to understand the political situation in the Middle East.

I've made no secret of the fact that I am no political science scholar. Recently I've been trying to sift through the myriad opinions, both pro and con, of the recent flotilla incident and that has been overwhelming. I'm left knowing only one thing: that I love my homeland, warts and all. If you're anything like me and feel perplexed by the flood of information and the battling pundits, you might be ready for a change of pace. A laugh. Three rather unconventional (I use this term generously) South Americans have posted a video promoting the land of Israel and its beauty. It's the strangest and campiest thing I've come across in a long time, and it was so unexpected made me laugh (No small feat. Ask my husband. ) Today, Tablet Magazine (a great online magazine with Jewish content) came out with an article about the video's origins. If this uber-hysterical utube video (which is linked on the link) hasn't crossed your path, check it out on the link below


http://www.tabletmag.com/life-and-religion/38292/viral-zionism/?utm_source=Tablet+Magazine+List&utm_campaign=d5af1949f9-7_2_2010&utm_medium=email

No comments:

Post a Comment