Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So Many Books, So Little Time!


What's a girl to do? I've got a stack of books (and audiobooks) I'm dying to read (and listen to) and there just aren't enough hours in the day. The uber-original plan I had for the summer? I figured I would make my way through all those great titles while the kids flipped around in the pool. The Book-gods are laughing even as I write these words. Sure, there is pool time, but there is also schlepping (to and from summer school for my high school girls, to and from camp for my son, to and from violin.....well, you get the idea), traveling coast to coast for relatives' Bar Mitzvahs (and I'm not complaining. I'm kvelling!), and downtime for the summer virus we're passing around (also as I write these words). My stack of books? I'm not making much headway.

And NOW, Tablet comes out with an article that lists new books by all my favorite Jewish authors (Well, almost all my favorites. One notable exception is Shalom Auslander, who now regularly writes for Tablet. Everything Auslander writes is great but I'm going to need something meatier than those essays, Shalom). Reading Tablet's article made my mouth water. Really. Click on the funky "Your" tab below (computer savvy I'm not) to get a head start on reserving the newest titles from Ayelet Waldman, Nicole Krauss, Jonathan Franzen and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment